Call for Papers
The 5th International Workshop on Spoken Language Technologies for Under-resourced Languages (SLTU’16)
May 9-12, 2016, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
SLTU’16 Workshop web-site: www.mica.edu.vn/sltu2016
### Important dates ###
– Full paper submission: 25 January 2016
– Notification of acceptance: 07 March, 2016
– Submission of final papers: 21 March, 2016
– Early registration: 21 March, 2016
– Workshop dates: 9-12 May, 2016
The Workshop on Spoken Language Technologies for Under-Resourced Languages is the fifth in a series of even-year SLTU Workshops. Four previous Workshops were organized: SLTU’14 in St. Petersburg (Russia), SLTU’12 in Cape Town (South Africa), SLTU’10 in Penang (Malaysia), and SLTU’08 in Hanoi (Vietnam).
SLTU’16 is held in Yogyakarta (Indonesia), a centre of classical Javanese culture. There are more than 700 ethnic languages spoken in Indonesian archipelago, but 146 are endangered. Therefore, SLTU’16 has special focus on under-resourced languages and endangered languages, but other related topics are also encouraged.
SLTU’16 will continue the tradition of previous SLTUs that features a number of distinguished keynote speaker, and this year, for the first time, SLTU will also offer Kaldi Tutorial on Under-Resourced Language.
### Workshop Topics ###
Areas related to processing any under-resourced and endangered languages:
– Fast resources acquisition (text and speech corpora, parallel text, dictionary,
grammars, language model)
– Spoken language processing for language without dictionary or written forms
– Cross-lingual and multi-lingual spoken language processing including analysis
– Speech recognition and synthesis of low-resourced languages and dialects
– Machine translation and spoken dialogue systems
– Applications of spoken language technologies for under-resourced languages
### Paper submission ###
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers up to 4 pages for technical content (including figures, tables, etc) and possible references, plus one additional (optional) page containing only references.
### Organizing Committee Members ###
– Workshop Chair: Sakriani Sakti (NAIST, Japan)
– Workshop Co-chair: Pascal Nocera (LIA, France), Eric Castelli (MICA, Vietnam), Laurent Besacier (LIG, France)
– Local Co-chair: Mirna Adriani (UI, Indonesia), Ayu Purwarianti (ITB, Indonesia)